Members of the University of Richmond community are invited to submit nominations for the 2018 Commencement Speaker. Nominees will be evaluated for embodiment of the characteristics listed below. In your nomination, you will be asked to provide a brief description of how your nominee meets these characteristics. Please note: the University of Richmond traditionally does not pay a speaker fee for commencement speakers.
To submit your nomination, follow the link below and complete the secure form (login required with your UR netID and password). The Honorary Degree Committee will review all nominations, and provide a slate of recommended finalists to the Senate for final approval and communication to President Crutcher, who will then make the final selection.
Ideal speaker candidates should embody many or all of the following characteristics:
- Epitomize University of Richmond values
- Be an exemplar of commitment to an idea, cause, or community
- Set an inspirational example to graduating students
- Be an engaging and dynamic speaker with the ability to deliver an affirming or celebratory message
- Be accomplished in their work, or a visionary leader or community member
- Have a national or international reputation